Thursday 23 July 2015

You've Got This! Box Frame Card For A Special Friend.

Yesterday was my very good friend Sam's birthday and it called for an extra, extra special card. There are two times a year when I feel I want to go the extra mile with my creations and those are when I am making a card for Sam - why? She makes the most amazing cards she spends hours on them and they are always stunning with lots of attention to detail. She informed me she had spent 35 hours on my birthday card this year - I will share that another day. I wanted to create something very special for her as I really appreciate the cards she creates for me, there is nothing like receiving a handmade card that you know was made especially for you. So this is what I came up with.

A full frontal view

The right hand panel in more detail.
and the left hand panel. 
and finally a picture of the way I assembled the back. This card was inspired by a beautiful card by the very talented Diana Gibbs - you can find it here http://goo.gl/CfBSEl who used You've Got This! stamp set to create her card. To make the frames I followed a tutorial from a very special lady's blog, she never fails to inspire me - Amanda Bates of The Craft Spa blog and you can find her tutorial here http://goo.gl/VsiGCQ and finally I have had this tutorial pinned for a while now but this shows how to add the joints details on the back http://goo.gl/BzAExD. I am pleased to announce Sam loved her card so I can relax now until Christmas! If you make one of these cards please do send me a link so I can see your creations.
 Until next time, take care. Nic

6 comments:

  1. Not surprised that Sam loved this very special card... It is fabulous! Glad the tutorial was OK and thanks for the share and shout out/ link! Blush!

    PS for Sam ( as I know you will be reading this!) ... Belated Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda for featuring my card on your blog - what an honor! I have passed on your birthday wishes to Sam.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Nic. Please give my best to Sam. The teams creativity is poorer without her. K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! That is really lovely and I have sent your comment on to Sam - shes still creating exquisite masterpieces - hopefully one or two will be featuring on Amanda's blog soon...

      Delete
    2. Thank you both that's so lovely of you to say.....I'm blushing a tad! xx

      Delete